Friday, July 17, 2009

Reflections of the last day in school from the whole team


Am lost for words to describe the whole experience and the emotions of saying goodbye to a school and children we had grown to love so much.

Bridget

Laughing and crying with newly made friends, enjoying the singing and dancing with sadness and gladness.

Elzette

It's always hard to say goodbye to newly formed relationships. Not only has today been extraordinary but the whole experience just being here and being part of all the wonderful culture has been out of this world. I will never forget this or all the new family I have come to meet and love. Memories are forever. Thanks for the experience, Sally.

Julie

Smiles, laughter, hugs, songs, tears, farewells. These days, these children and our partners will remain deep in our hearts for the rest of our lives. Ka kite ano, Kawama.

Sue

A piece of my heart remains forever at Mwiimbi School.

Deb

I now have two schools ~ Glenfield Intermediate School and Kawama
School. I will miss the beautiful children and people I have met - my heart will remain in Zambia long after I have left.

Sonia

I was amazed how attached I became to the students of Mutombe School in such a short time, but I guess that is a reflection of the warmth, charm and hearts of the Zambian children.

Warner

A joyful and musical climax to a unique experience that I will treasure forever. Africa got soul, baby!!

Holly

The last day was full of laughter with the farewell we were given at Mwiimbi School. I will miss the students and their smiles. This experience will be always remembered and treasured.

Cheryl

It is a privelege to be surrounded by such a passionate group of teachers and personalities from different parts of the world. The realisation that despite the miles, environments and cultures, the basic love for teaching and working towards building up educated and confident children is overwhelming. I thank each and every person involved for making this such a special experience and beginning of long lasting friendships and partnerships.

Sally

No comments: