Wednesday, August 13, 2008

William Day 2 at Reporoa College

I woke at 4:30am as usual to prepare for school. At 6:40 we drove off to school and reached it in good time.
Christabel and Sally visited the school and we had a brief talk about how I have been spending my time in NZ, particularly at school. Thereafter, Kate introduced Christabel and Sally to the principal and they had a short discussion about ChildFund Global Schools Programme.
I observed a social studies lesson to Year 7 students about Olympics. During the lesson students in pairs were identifying the different types of sports by looking at the pictures.
I was requested by Year 8 and 9 students to go to their classes and talk about Zambia. Two people from newspaper interviewed Kate and I about ChildFund Programme.
After lessons at 3 oclock we drove back to Tihoi Venture School where Kate lives. At 7pm I attended a drama performed by Tihoi students where I was asked to say something about Zambia. They gave me a gift of a card and a t-shirt. The day ended well.

No comments: