Tuesday, August 5, 2008

William Day Two

I observed Vanessa's lesson in English. Pupil were asked to write about themselves to Nangoma pupils in Zambia. There it was time for Mathematics. Pupils were divided into three groups, one group was with Vanessa, the other group was with me and the third group was busy with some computer work on Geometry.

I enjoyed teaching a small group. Pupils participate fully, they named, described and drew 2 dimensional (2D) shapes with less difficulties. The group had only 10 pupils.

Two people from the Daily Post News paper came to interview us; Vanessa, Helen and I about ChildFund Global Schools Programme.

In the afternoon I observed another lesson in English about reading. Pupils were asked to answer the question. How do humans generate speed, after reading a passage that was projected on the wall.

We planned the lessons together with Vanessa for the next day. Now I am off to the movies with the principal of Rotorua Intermediate, Garry.

No comments: